Countdown

For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

KMcElman_090516_M3 Wood Scrabble Tile I Sign for the S stairs in Pembroke College letter T Y

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thing 2

Web 2.0

I am still not real sure about all that I am learning. I am amazed at all the technology that I have never even considered using in my classroom. This class has really challenged me to think of ways that I can utilize technology with 2nd graders. I have used very basic technology that is available in my classroom and computer lab. I just survived my first year of teaching and hope that all of these Things will help me with my class from here on out.

I was amazed in the article at the way the whole district used the web to publish ideas and information. I really liked the way the upper grade level teachers used the wikis and blogs to work together to gather information to assist their students.

I also thought the way instructors had the students create their own reviews. When they had the best reviews they rewarded the students. They gained access to the blog and had editing writes. I thought this was a great way to get students engaged in what they were learning. I thought this was a great way to hold the students accountable for their own learning.


1 comment:

  1. You would not believe how much it has changed just since I did the 23 Things last year. I am enjoying "playing" with all the new gadgets too.

    ReplyDelete