Countdown

For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

KMcElman_090516_M3 Wood Scrabble Tile I Sign for the S stairs in Pembroke College letter T Y

Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 17

Podcasting....
I have a very minimal history with podcasting. I like to download sermons from our church to listen to when we miss on a Sunday. I never really knew that I could subscribe to it! I quickly added that to my reader. It is sure faster than searching for it every time!!
I listened to several podcasts. The one that I subscribed to was The Tech Teachers. I liked several things about their podcasts. 1. They were very easy and entertaining to listen to. 2. They talked about technology that interest me. I'm thinking about buying a Kindle and while scanning their blog, I found a podcast that they talked about Kindle 1 & 2. They talked about all kinds of technology that could be useful.
Another one of the podcasts that I listened to was
Our City Podcast. I have been thinking of ways to use podcasting in my classroom and I loved this site. It is a place where students all over the world do a podcast about the city they live in. In 2nd grade we learn about out community and I thought this would be a great extension exercise. We could take all of the information that we learn about Mesquite and create a podcast to add to this site. Fun!!
When I began searching for podcasts, I became a little overwhelmed by all the information. I think that I need to narrow down my search to eliminate some of this. For example I searched for guided reading. It gave me a ton of stuff that did not really apply. I was really thinking I would get something about how to led guided reading groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment