Countdown

For more widgets please visit www.yourminis.com

KMcElman_090516_M3 Wood Scrabble Tile I Sign for the S stairs in Pembroke College letter T Y

Monday, July 6, 2009

Thing 9

Flickr is very interesting to play with. I could and did spend hours looking through all the pictures. It was fun to click on random tags and see what photos came up. I think that Flickr is an excellent tool to utilize in the classroom. I also think that it is a great tool to use for personal purposes. I did learn that it is a great place to backup photos.
I decided to use our social studies curriculum when looking. We study about rural, suburban, and urban locations. I thought it would be interesting to find different photos that were made in the U.S. as well as other countries. If I had more time to research specific cities, I would copy them into my file so that the students could see different cities around the country. This photo is made in Philadelphia. Another idea would be to have the students research a rural, urban, and suburban area and find pictures that could be added to our slide show.

Photographer - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonythemisfit/2443746612/

No comments:

Post a Comment